What Are Estate Appraisals?
Settling an estate is not a process many individuals are familiar with, and it’s not as simple as reading a will and executing its directives. Instead, a legal process involving probate courts or executing a trust is involved – and often an estate appraisal.
Determining the total value of the estate is a prime goal of the probate process, including, obviously, any real estate. In some cases, estate settlements require court intervention. Add this to the emotional burden of a loved one’s passing, and the benefit of having a professional, reliable appraiser becomes clear.
What Makes an Estate Appraisal Different from Other Appraisals?
- An appraiser assesses the property’s value based on the decedent’s date of passing – rather than the current date.
- The appraiser will closely look at historical market conditions and other factors.
- An experienced appraiser will make an educated assessment no matter how much time has elapsed between the date of passing and the time of the appraisal.
- Provides information that assists the probate process and makes any sale or transfers afterward that much easier.
- Completes the appraisal in accordance with IRS guidelines.
Why Choose Authority Appraisals
Accuracy, timeliness, as well as reliable knowledge of the industry and area, are all important for estate settlement appraisals. Our team of experts and on-the-ground experience make Authority Appraisals a perfect partner for any probate or estate planning process.
We will work with integrity, efficiency, and the understanding necessary in these situations. In addition, we are prepared to testify in court on the conclusions of our evaluations if ever needed. But don’t take our word on it, see what others are saying about us!
I spoke with Zack about an appraisal on a home we don’t intend to sell for several months. His knowledge about the market was very helpful he was incredibly honest with me. I would highly recommend Zach and Authority Appraisals. – Bobbie Bush
Pam was out recently to appraise our house. She was so nice and efficient! She made the process so easy for us and had the appraisal turned around quickly to our lender. The whole team there is great to deal with and I have no reservations recommending them to anyone. – Caleb Singleton
Very polite and didn’t take long at all . Got the copy of the appraisal came fast. I highly recommend this company. – Earl Miller
Click on the tiles below to learn more about our other services.
Want to work with us?
Feel free to contact us and get a free quote!